Everyone says the best first game, beginner level game one should play on their Nintendo Switch is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. You’ll start with Link resurrecting and waking up and you’ll have the freedom to wander in an open-world adventure with multiple side quests without breaking away from the original story.
If you have been playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for a while now, you’ve probably collected tons of mushrooms, meat, and vegetables. After killing monsters, you can collect their horns, wings, and other “disgusting-to-eat” parts, so you can cook them into elixirs that would improve your stamina, health, stealth, attack, and defense with a time limit. Be careful not to mix these monster parts and critters in meal ingredients, or you’ll end up with dubious food or a failed experiment!
One of the most interesting parts of the game is how you can come up with different recipes from all the ingredients you have collected! *cue cooking sound effect*
This will be an ultimate cheat sheet for the recipes for the best meals - from entrees, desserts, to snacks. As long as you mix meal ingredients with meal ingredients, nothing will go wrong!
Gourmet Meat Stew
- You need to mix up raw gourmet meat, fresh milk, goat butter, and tabantha wheat. You may also replace it with any meat like raw prime meat or raw bird drumstick - for some variety.
- The main ingredients are raw bird meat, bird egg, goat butter, and hylian rice. If you want it gourmet, use raw whole bird meat. For a prime recipe, use raw bird thigh. For a standard poultry pilaf, use raw bird drumstick.
- A very classic, simple, and easy dessert to make! If you want to whip up an egg pudding, just mix bird egg, fresh milk, and cane sugar.
- With this, Link will get a refill of his stamina wheel. The best part is it’s made up of two very common ingredients! Just mix an apple with courser bee honey! Just be careful with collecting the honey, bees will swarm you up as you steal their honey away. You can make honeyed fruits - by replacing apple with other fruits!
Copious Fish Skewers
- It’s so cool how there are so many different kinds of fish in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild! There’s mighty carp, armored carp, voltfin trout, hyrule bass, salmon, and more! If you mix four different kinds of fish, you’ll end up with Copious Fish Skewers!
Spicy Meat and Seafood Fry
- One of the first recipes you will learn is Spicy Meat and Seafood Fry! You’ll need it when you climb snowy mountains because the spice will raise your body temperature. You’ll need spicy pepper, hyrule bass, and any meat to make this dish.
These are some of the go-to dishes that are easy to make! Stay tuned for part 2 for more amazing recipes you can cook in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, or even in real life!